Beginning in 2023, The Cathedral School will partner with Youth Advance to offer the Duke of Edinburgh Award program to students in Years 9 – 12.
Youth Advance will coordinate all aspects of the management of the program – the voluntary service, skill development, project, adventurous journey, and physical education. Outer Limits will collaborate with Youth Advance to facilitate the adventure component including the Year 9 camp which will fulfill the requirements of the Bronze Award; Outer Limits will offer additional adventure camps in the holiday periods for Years 10-12 students at the Silver and Gold Award levels.
Why do the Duke Of Edinburgh Award?
The Duke of Edinburg program is the most well-known volunteering program you can do. It is recognised globally across more than 140 countries and gives you international accreditation for your experiences. Participation in the Award will allow you to develop the skills that employers, universities, and colleges are looking for in a young person:
- Resilience and determination
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Creativity and adaptability
- Planning and problem-solving skills
- Civic and service-mindedness, and
- Communication skills
3 Levels – Bronze, Silver, Gold
Complete regular hours of an activity of YOUR choice in:
1. Sport – anything that gets your heart pumping
2. Skill – improve a talent or learn a new skill
3. Service – get out and help your community
4. Adventurous Journey – a 2-day, 1-night camp
Learn valuable life skills, and teamwork, and HAVE FUN!